The Housing Choice Voucher Program is a joint effort among you, your tenant, and Columbia Housing - - - We each have a set of responsibilities!
- Perform all management and rental functions for the assisted unit, including screening and selection of tenants.
- Maintain the unit in accordance with Housing Quality Standards (HQS), including performance of maintenance.
- Comply with equal opportunity/fair housing requirements.
- Prepare information required under the Housing Assistance Payments contract and furnish the information to Columbia Housing.
- Collect from the renter: security deposit, tenant portion of the rent, any charges for damages to the unit.
- Enforce the tenant obligations under the lease.
- Pay for utilities and services agreed upon in the lease.
- May not collect side payments from HCV renters or charge more than approved by Columbia Housing.
- Supply information determined necessary by Columbia Housing or HUD to administer the program, including completion of scheduled income reviews.
- Pay utilities that are not supplied by the landlord.
- Provide and maintain the appliances for which they are responsible.
- Correct damages inflicted to unit by family member or guest, in specified time period.
- May not commit serious or repeated violation(s) of the lease.
- Notify Columbia Housing and the owner 30 (no more than 60) days in advance, prior to moving or terminating the lease.
- Pay landlord by the fifth day of each month.
- Regularly evaluate family eligibility.
- Inspect units at least once every year.
- Investigate potential fraud or program abuse by tenants or landlords.
- Provide quality customer service to HCV landlords and tenants.
- Notify landlord of any change in subsidy amount.