Skip to Main Content

Cayce Housing Rehabilitation

Cayce Housing will perform rehabilitation and renovation work on its units in 2022. 

The first units to be completed will be Spencer Place. 

Work is expected to be complete by mid-Spring of 2022 and will include:

  • New Roofs and shutters - This work began in November and has been completed at Spencer Place
  • New Kitchens
  • New cabinets and countertops
  • New appliances - refrigerator/stove/microwave
  • New Bathrooms
    • Showers
    • New toilets
    • New lavatory and countertop
  • Remove textured (popcorn) ceilings , replace with new ceiling
  • New LVT flooring throughout
  • Replace interior doors as needed
  • HVAC as needed
  • Water heaters as needed

Questions & Answers:

* Should I continue to pay rent while I am in a temporary unit?

* Yes. You should continue paying rent and complying with terms of your lease throughout this process.

* Will I be responsible for packing and moving my belongings when I have to move into the temporary unit and back into my unit at Spencer Place?

* Cayce Housing will supply all packing materials and assistance needed for each move. Residents will not be financially responsible for any costs associated with the moves. We will work with you at every step to make the process as easy as possible.

* What personal items should I plan to bring with me while I am temporarily out of my unit at Spencer Place?

* You should pack clothing, medicine, medical supplies and any personal items you use on a daily basis. Furniture and household items will be stored while work is completed at Spencer Place. When you return to your renovated unit, those items will be moved back into your apartment.

* Do I need to bring pots & pans, cooking utensils and linens?

* No, all those items will be supplied in the temporary uni.t. You only need to bring clothing, medicine and other personal items you use on a daily basis.

* If I have a pet, will they be able to move with me into my temporary unit?

* Yes, accommodations will be made for households with pets, please communicate with the Relocation Specialist to coordinate.

* Should I continue to call work orders in if I have a problem in my unit before work begins?

* Yes. Please report any maintenance issues and they will be addressed.

* Who do I call if I have additional questions?

* Tramel Foulks, Relocation Specialist - - (803)876-0668