Columbia Housing recognizes in the importance of advocacy because it raises attention about important issues and gives a voice to those affected. Advocacy also influences those in power to provide leadership, take action and invest resources.
October Alert: Speak up to tell lawmakers to preserve the housing provisions in the Build Back Better Act and reconcilliation. Click to send a message to Congress today.
During the month of August, housing authorities across the U.S. join with the National Association of Housing & Redevelopment Officials (NAHRO) to advocate for affordable housing.
August Advocacy is NAHRO's annual campaign to reach Congress with advocacy messages about affordable housing and community development programs.
Click on the week below to learn more and send your letter to Congress.
- Week 1: Housing Is Critical Infrastructure
- Week 2: Universal Housing Vouchers
- Week 3: Voucher Services and Support
- Week 4: Tax Credits and Community Development Resources
- Week 5: FY 2022 T-HUD Appropriations