COVID-19 - Public Housing Frequently Asked Questions
We know that you may have a lot of questions during this time. Columbia Housing is doing everything possible to prepare for and anticipate your needs. We appreciate your flexibility and patience during this time.
1. If I have a maintenance request, how will it be addressed?
- Currently, we are working under our emergency protocol. Only emergency work orders will be addressed at this time. We will attempt to complete all non-emergency work orders within 30 days. All other work orders will be prioritized according to the maintenance plan.
- Emergency work orders include the following:
- Gas leak
- Fire panel or sprinkler system not operational
- Smoke Detector or CO detector alarming
- Major roof leak
- Lock Out
- Heat if temp is 55 or below, or any reasonable accommodation
- No working elevator
- Security issue where door or window on 1st or 2nd floor will not lock
- Loss of power in the entire unit
- No water in the entire apartment
- Exposed electrical line
- Any other situation that may cause injury or threat to person or property
2. What if I need to speak to my property manager about an issue?
- Our management office is closed to the public; however, we will have staff on-site to address your concerns via telephone or email.
3. What do I do if I lose my job while the office is closed?
- All income changes may be submitted or requested by email or phone.
4. How do I pay my rent?
- Please continue to pay online at https://columbiahousing.securepayments.cardpointe.com/pay or use the drop box located at 1917 Harden Street next to the flag pole.
5. How do I complete my recertification / renew my lease?
- All recertification paperwork will be processed by mail.
6. What if I have paperwork to return?
- Please return all paperwork through mail or dropbox at your management office.
7. I am currently under eviction, what do I do?
- Currently, all pending evictions will be temporarily placed on hold. Please contact your property manager for further updates.
8. I live ina highrise and want to know if deliveries will be allowed?
- Mass prepared food deliveries from community partners are being postponed until further notice.
9. Are visitors still allowed at the high-rises?
- In order to practice social distancing as recommended, we are asking residents to limit visitations to essential health care providers only.
10. What number do I call for a work order?
- Please call 803. 251.2747 for all work order requests.
11. What should I do if I feel sick or think I have been exposed to Coronavirus?
- Please contact DHEC for general questions about COVID-19, the DHEC Care Line is here to help. Please Call 1-855-472-3432.
Follow Us At
Please visit our website at ColumbiaHousingsc.org for more information about Columbia Housing!