ICYMI - Get Ready to Lead & Represent - Resident Commissioner Workshop
Get Ready to Lead & Represent - Resident Commissioner Workshop
In Case You Missed It - Join Commissioner George Green, CEO Ivory Mathews, and COO Yvonda Bean discusses the role of the Columbia Housing Resident Commissioner and how to apply for the soon-to-be-open seat.
Session originally broadcast on February 24, 2021. Click on the picture below to view the YouTube Video.
Please click the link for a copy of the PowerPoint presentation. Get Ready to Lead & Represent Presentation
Columbia Housing Authority - Resident Commissioner
The City of Columbia, SC is seeking to fill one (1) vacancy.
Seeking one (1) Applicant to appoint as Resident Commissioner.
Applicant must reside within the city limits and must be a participant in one of Columbia Housing's housing programs. The mission of the Columbia Housing Authority is "to meet the emerging affordable housing needs of low to moderate-income individuals and families in Columbia and Richland County while promoting self-reliance and improving their quality of life". Term - 5 years.
Resident Commissioner Requirements:
- SC state law governing the appointment of a Resident Commissioner to Columbia Housing's Board of Commissioners.
"The council shall appoint not less than five nor more than seven persons as commissioners of the authority created for the municipality. At least one of the commissioners appointed shall be a person who is directly assisted by the public housing authority". SC Public Housing Authority Statue, Article 5, City Housing Authorities, Section 31-3-340
- Federal law governing the appointment of a Resident Commissioner to Columbia Housing's Board of Commissioners.
"The membership of the governing board of each public housing agency must contain not less than one eligible resident board member." United States Department of Housing & Urban Development code of federal regulations 964.415(a)
- Must be a resident of the City of Columbia participating in one of Columbia Housing programs.
- Must be available to attend monthly Board Meetings. The Board of Commissioners meets virtually at 4:30 pm on the third Thursday of each month via zoom.
- Must not acquire any interest, direct or indirect, in any project or in any property included or planned to be included in any project, nor shall he or she have any interest, direct or indirect, in any contract or proposed contract for materials or services to be furnished or used in connection with any project.
- Must not be a member of any other board, commission, or committee, perform any official function, or have any private or official contractual relationship with the Housing Authority of the City of Columbia other than as a tenant, or hold any elective public office.
This is not a paid position. Service is voluntary.
DEADLINE - Applications are due no later than March 10, 2021, at 5:00 pm.
For applications and more information contact Ashley Jenkins at the City of Columbia or send a request to Ashley.Jenkins@columbiasc.gov You can also visit the City of Columbia's website at http://www.columbiasc.net/boards-commissions to download an application.
Follow Us At
Please visit our website at ColumbiaHousingsc.org for more information about Columbia Housing!